Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR40 - Bricked? Won't Factory Reset?

virtual008
Initiate

RBR40 - Bricked? Won't Factory Reset?

So everything was fine and just thought I would reboot my system because I hadn't done it in a while.  Oops..That was a mistake.  My main route seems to be bricked.  I can't find the SIDD and the power light stays green no matter what I hold down for however long.  I tried all kinds of reset procedures and nothing.  I've done the 30-30-30...I've tried to Ping it with not success.  Nothing.  I'm very frustrated given how expensive these things are.  Any thoughts?  It's the RBR40 router.  TIA.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Need to press the reset button for 30 seconds then release, then it send to PUT the command and upload the FW. 

If this fails then your RBR is bad and needs to be replaced. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 4
virtual008
Initiate

Tried all this.  Nothing.  This is insane.  "Let's send out a firmware udpate that bricks routers so they have to buy new ones."  I know they didn't do this on purpose but damn if this doesn't grind my gears.

Message 3 of 4
Mcnugs
Initiate

Did you ever solve this. The same thing just happened to me last night out of no where.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7