Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR40 Firmware V1.12.0.20

Asdirect
Guide

RBR40 Firmware V1.12.0.20

I'm afraid to update my firmware to v1.12.0.20............

Has anyone done this? Are there any known issues? Does it appear stable?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
YabbadabbaDoooo
Apprentice

Ah if it were only that simple. It will sit there for a week or more but eventually it will auto update. You can't stop it. If I were in your shoes I would return it. Several months ago after 2 months of this same crap, I was able to convince Amazon to take it back for a full refund even though it was a month out of the return time. I had the label printed but 1.11.0.20 had just come out. I went out of town for 2 days and when I came back my system was stable and running the way it was always supposed to. I waited a few more days and then cancelled the return. Big mistake. Should have listened to my instincts.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
eggraces
Aspirant

i found that mine had auto-updated to it the other day.  Doesn't seem any different to 1.11.0.20, seems to work much better than 1.12.0.18 did!

I do wonder whether or not it's simply a renaming of 1.11.0.20 so units that updated to 1.12.0.18 will 'upgrade' automatically to this older version

Message 2 of 8
YabbadabbaDoooo
Apprentice

FWIW....it screwed my system up yet again (drops, internet disconnects, unstable, etc..).  I had already done a full factory reset and loaded back 1.11.0.20.  Everything was working well again after .18 disaster.  Now I had to do it all over again.  Back to 1.11.0.20.  Things seem to be ok again.  I have the RB40. I am so done with Netgear.  

Message 3 of 8
YabbadabbaDoooo
Apprentice

PS.  Here is a link to the release notes for 1.12.0.20.  It sure doesn't look like a clone of 1.11.0.20. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000045832/RBR40-RBS40-Firmware-Version-1-12-0-20

Message 4 of 8
Asdirect
Guide

Thanks for the Reply......I am think I am going to wait.

Message 5 of 8
YabbadabbaDoooo
Apprentice

@Asdirect wrote:

Thanks for the Reply......I am think I am going to wait.

I don't think you can.  It will Auto Update.  Netgear's gift to all of us. 

Message 6 of 8
Asdirect
Guide

Actually it is not doing it automatically.. its waiting for me on the update page to trigger the install. I'm gonna hold off until I see more posts. Kinda sucks that people are nervous about an update for such an expensive product. 

Im still with in 30 days, I may return it. For a plug and play device, it's taking up a lot of my time. 

Message 7 of 8
YabbadabbaDoooo
Apprentice

Ah if it were only that simple. It will sit there for a week or more but eventually it will auto update. You can't stop it. If I were in your shoes I would return it. Several months ago after 2 months of this same crap, I was able to convince Amazon to take it back for a full refund even though it was a month out of the return time. I had the label printed but 1.11.0.20 had just come out. I went out of town for 2 days and when I came back my system was stable and running the way it was always supposed to. I waited a few more days and then cancelled the return. Big mistake. Should have listened to my instincts.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7