Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 Firmware V1.12.0.20

Asdirect
Guide

RBR40 Firmware V1.12.0.20

I'm afraid to update my firmware to v1.12.0.20............

Has anyone done this? Are there any known issues? Does it appear stable?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
YabbadabbaDoooo
Apprentice

Re: RBR40 Firmware V1.12.0.20

Ah if it were only that simple. It will sit there for a week or more but eventually it will auto update. You can't stop it. If I were in your shoes I would return it. Several months ago after 2 months of this same crap, I was able to convince Amazon to take it back for a full refund even though it was a month out of the return time. I had the label printed but 1.11.0.20 had just come out. I went out of town for 2 days and when I came back my system was stable and running the way it was always supposed to. I waited a few more days and then cancelled the return. Big mistake. Should have listened to my instincts.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
eggraces
Aspirant

i found that mine had auto-updated to it the other day.  Doesn't seem any different to 1.11.0.20, seems to work much better than 1.12.0.18 did!

I do wonder whether or not it's simply a renaming of 1.11.0.20 so units that updated to 1.12.0.18 will 'upgrade' automatically to this older version

Message 2 of 8
YabbadabbaDoooo
Apprentice

FWIW....it screwed my system up yet again (drops, internet disconnects, unstable, etc..).  I had already done a full factory reset and loaded back 1.11.0.20.  Everything was working well again after .18 disaster.  Now I had to do it all over again.  Back to 1.11.0.20.  Things seem to be ok again.  I have the RB40. I am so done with Netgear.  

Message 3 of 8
YabbadabbaDoooo
Apprentice

PS.  Here is a link to the release notes for 1.12.0.20.  It sure doesn't look like a clone of 1.11.0.20. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000045832/RBR40-RBS40-Firmware-Version-1-12-0-20

Message 4 of 8
Asdirect
Guide

Thanks for the Reply......I am think I am going to wait.

Message 5 of 8
YabbadabbaDoooo
Apprentice

@Asdirect wrote:

Thanks for the Reply......I am think I am going to wait.

I don't think you can.  It will Auto Update.  Netgear's gift to all of us. 

Message 6 of 8
Asdirect
Guide

Actually it is not doing it automatically.. its waiting for me on the update page to trigger the install. I'm gonna hold off until I see more posts. Kinda sucks that people are nervous about an update for such an expensive product. 

Im still with in 30 days, I may return it. For a plug and play device, it's taking up a lot of my time. 

Message 7 of 8
YabbadabbaDoooo
Apprentice

Ah if it were only that simple. It will sit there for a week or more but eventually it will auto update. You can't stop it. If I were in your shoes I would return it. Several months ago after 2 months of this same crap, I was able to convince Amazon to take it back for a full refund even though it was a month out of the return time. I had the label printed but 1.11.0.20 had just come out. I went out of town for 2 days and when I came back my system was stable and running the way it was always supposed to. I waited a few more days and then cancelled the return. Big mistake. Should have listened to my instincts.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7