Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 Help

CoreyRoss10
Aspirant

RBR40 Help

So I just changed ISP to aT&T fiber. After the service tech did the install none of my external devices (Playstation, AppleTV, etc...) would not connect to the internet and my cell phone would not update any apps. I can connect through the AT&T router and all is good. The AT&T online support said this is because the Orbi I have is not capable for fiber. Is this true? Had zero issues with my previous ISP.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR40 Help

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 4
CoreyRoss10
Aspirant

FW= V2.1.4.17
Modem Mfg - Pace? It’s what comes with AT&T U-verse + Fiber
Model - 5268AC FXN
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please give one of the suggestions a try...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7