Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 Keeps Dropping Internet Connectivity

tSmith92
Initiate

RBR40 Keeps Dropping Internet Connectivity

So up until about 2 weeks ago or my ORBI RBR40 had been working perfectly. I also have the satellites, which I haven't really noticed the issue with yet, although I will say due to placement in my homes, the Satellites are covering the far corners of the house so I'm really not on them too much. Anyway, I'm not extremely tech savvy especially with Networking, but I'm running into an issue where the internet seems to keep dropping every 30 minutes or so, after 2-5 minutes it resolves itself, but I work from home and this has been a pretty big inconvenience because of its reoccurence. I have read through a few of the other posts to turn off Daisy Chaining, set the 2.4GHz to a manual channel. I also downloaded and manually loaded the Hotfix version that Netgear has posted, V2.3.5.34, was previously V2.3.5.30.

I'm happy to listen to ideas, I've had the system since December of 2018, and again now issues until now. Also a friendly reminder, I'm not super tech savvy but can navigate it through most things just please be thorough in any suggesstions.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: RBR40 Keeps Dropping Internet Connectivity

so V2.3.5.34 didn't fix your problem?  I would go back to what you had.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

so V2.3.5.34 didn't fix your problem?  I would go back to what you had.

Message 2 of 4
tSmith92
Initiate

I'm going to accept this as solution as now, I have decided to move on from Netgear, and I am getting rid of the system. Just going with what is provided by my ISP, since I have turned off the Orbi and turned on the Router portion of the modem they sent I've not had any issues.

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@tSmith92 wrote:

I'm going to accept this as solution as now, I have decided to move on from Netgear, and I am getting rid of the system. Just going with what is provided by my ISP, since I have turned off the Orbi and turned on the Router portion of the modem they sent I've not had any issues.

Hate to see you go....especailly since it worked before.  Something changed in your system.  The challenge is finding out what.  But it's your system and life is to short to worry about things such as this.  Good luck.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7