Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 Orbi router always blinks white even after factory reset. Please help a guy…

Ddigler23
Aspirant

RBR40 Orbi router always blinks white even after factory reset. Please help a guy…

I’ve had my three piece Orbi mesh network for 2 to 3 years. Mostly pleased with it in our large home at it provides good speeds via Wi-Fi and good reliability in the time we’ve had it. To be as thorough as possible, I’ll start from the beginning:

About two months ago the Orbi app on my iOS device was not showing either of my two connected satellites. It was correctly listing all 30 or so devices but the network map did not show my 2 satellites. I could login to the router on a PC and verify that both sats had good connections and they were both functioning properly so I didn’t worry about it…

Today I log into the Orbi app and for the first time in a few months the network map correctly shows two satellites connected directly to the RBR40 router in the basement. However the devices listed were not correct and were only indicating maybe 6 of the 30 devices I have connected.

Logged into the control panel of the router via a PC and chose ‘reboot’. Orbi router went down then came back up. Long story short, it’s been blinking white ever since. To the extent that I’ve done a full factory reset on it and it’s still blinks white. Obviously I am completely down. I’m at a loss any suggestions are very much appreciated…
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Ddigler23
Aspirant

Re: RBR40 Orbi router always blinks white even after factory reset. Please help a guy…

After working a couple hours longer last night here are my findings:

Leaving the unit unplugged, pressing and holding the reset button, and then powering it up (continue holding the reset) yields the following power LED status - solid red —> 5 to 7 blinking red —> solid green. Running a continuous ping, the router only responds to two requests towards the end of the blinking red lights. I tried to put the new firmware during that very small window; it didn’t work.

Someone chime in please tell me this expensive mesh system system isn’t bricked. I’m starting to believe I cannot factory restore this router which is totally unacceptable….
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7