Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 Orbi wired devices not connecting suddenly

chrisjohnson952
Aspirant

RBR40 Orbi wired devices not connecting suddenly

On my Orbi RBR40, wired connections suddenly stopped working while doing computer work. Wireless connections still work fine. 

The Orbi is connected to a modem, with no other routers involved. No config setting should have changed, as I am the only user on my network who has access to the config panel. When I go into the Orbi admin panel and look through the devices, the wired devices will occassionally show up and then dissappear after a short time. The router is 18 months old. I tried the following to fix the problem:

- Restarting the Orbi (~1 min power cycle, and from config panel)

- Resetting the Orbi

- Restarting the modem

- Using multiple devices

- Using multiple ethernet ports

- Using multiple ethernet cords

- Updating firmware to the latest version

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
chrisjohnson952
Aspirant

Re: RBR40 Orbi wired devices not connecting suddenly

I fixed it for now. I'm not sure why the topic posted, it said that it failed to post as I needed to add a label, so I added a label and clicked post but it looks like it posted both times. I couldn't figure out how to delete the first one.

We have a moca adapter which I didn't think could possibly be at fault due to my very limited networking knowledge, but after restarting that, things are working again.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
chrisjohnson952
Aspirant

I fixed it for now. I'm not sure why the topic posted, it said that it failed to post as I needed to add a label, so I added a label and clicked post but it looks like it posted both times. I couldn't figure out how to delete the first one.

We have a moca adapter which I didn't think could possibly be at fault due to my very limited networking knowledge, but after restarting that, things are working again.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements