Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 - Problem when using 2 wall plug satellites RBW30

caiosa
Aspirant

RBR40 - Problem when using 2 wall plug satellites RBW30

Hi,

I'm having a lot of problems when using my Orbi system.

At the moment, I'm only using one satellite because when I add the other on the network, I see a lot of packets drops and high latency with huge variation.

Does anyone faced the same problem?

My house Is big so I need the extra satellite to better coverage

Can someone point me where I can identify the logs for trobleshooting?

Regards

Caio

Message 1 of 15
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBR40 - Problem when using 2 wall plug satellites RBW30

@caiosa wrote:

Hi,

At the moment, I'm only using one satellite because when I add the other on the network, I see a lot of packets drops and high latency with huge variation.

Regards

Caio

How far are the satellites from the router. the wall satellite needs to be close enough to the router.

Also try resetting and re-pairing the satellites.

Message 2 of 15
caiosa
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.

Both satellites (RBW30) are about 13 meters (~38 feet) from the main router (RBR40)

Today I tried to reset both satellites (RBW30) without success. I searched on the community and there are some complains on that too. Anybody knows how to solve that? When I push the clip on the reset button, it starts flash Magenta, then reboot and goes blinking white but after a few minutes, it return to the original state and start syncing with RBR40...

My 90-day period for free support is over. Do anybody knows if the RBW30 could be the problem and if Netgear will RMA after 90 days?

Thanks in advanced

I don't want to hard reset the RBR40 because is working great when using without the satellites and I have around 50+ devices (mostly smart home) connected already.

Message 3 of 15
caiosa
Aspirant

Sorry @Mstrbig 

I forgot to link you in my response above...

Message 4 of 15
DaleCopper
Aspirant

I am also having this issue, does someone have any solution for this? kindly share your views, thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 15
DaleCopper
Aspirant

I have tried to resolve this issue, but I have not succeeded yet! Any help will be appreciated tellthebell.

Message 6 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you power OFF the working RBW and leave the other RBW online? 

What happens if you swap RBWs around for the one that seems to cause problems. Does the problem follow or not? 

Is Daisy chain enabled on the RBR? 

@caiosa wrote:

Hi,

Regards

Caio

Message 7 of 15
caiosa
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 the whole network became a little better but still some drops and high latency.

With only the RBR40, the network is good but I can reach some devices that are far from the RBR40.

Tried several locations but still no success.

Problem is that I can't reset both RBW30

Message 8 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What do you mean you can't reset the RBWs? You can reset them by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds then release. Should be able to re-sync them. 

So did swapping the RBWs around change any thing or leaving just the 1 RBW online and not both? 

Message 9 of 15
caiosa
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 I can't. Apparently more people are facing the same problem with RBW30

Message 10 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you contact NG support and ask for there additional help and information regarding this. 

@Blanca_O <You can reach out to a forum moderator as well. 

Message 11 of 15
caiosa
Aspirant

Thanks @FURRYe38 

Can you help @Blanca_O ?

Message 12 of 15
Mstrbig
Master

@caiosa wrote:

Thanks @FURRYe38 

I've read the firmware version on the router can cause issues with the RBW models.

Try this. Unplug the RBW devices from the wall. Hold in the reset button and plug the RBW back into the wall, still holding the reset button. Continue to hold the button for at least 30 seconds then let go. See if the RBW resets and resyncs. It may take a bit for the system to stablize. 

Message 13 of 15
caiosa
Aspirant

@Mstrbig I tried all combinations. Nothing working

I'm talking to support and they are forcing me to buy a support plan to investigate since I only have hardware warranty at the moment.

This is very bad support. I can't reset my satellites in any way and trying to request RMA but since it's connecting to my actual configuration, they are saying that is working but I can't perform a reset which suppose to work

Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

So are you pressing the reset button for 15 seconds the side of the RBW and it's not accepting this press? 

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7