Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40+RBS20

gacipadi
Aspirant

RBR40+RBS20

I have an RBR40 and 2 RBS20, can I add another satellite? does it need to be the 20 also? do you sell this item separately?

my house is 6,300 sq. feet. The router is located on the second floor on the west side of the house, the first satellite is on west side house also but in the first floor. The second satellite in the center of the house first floor. I have to place the first satellite on the west side since I need the signal to pool equipment outside the house. My problem is that on the east side of the house I keep losing the wifi signal on my mobile homes. I only have 2 bars of signal and lately, I have to reinsert the password on several occasions.  Any suggestion?

Message 1 of 5
gacipadi
Aspirant

Re: RBR40+RBS20

sorry, I meant to say "mobile phones" not homes.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes you can add another satellite. Its best to keep with the same model however you can add something like the RBW30 or RBS50...

Message 3 of 5
gacipadi
Aspirant

I will try the RBW30 extender. I also have an Airport Extreme and Airport extender. Can I use one of those to extend the signal?

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya can give those a try...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements