Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 Router when press sync button the white rings do not flash

eclipse31satx
Aspirant

RBR40 Router when press sync button the white rings do not flash

Hi, trying to sync an add on RBS20 satelite.  when i press the sync button the RBR40 router the white rings do not light up.   any ideas how to get the router to start syncing? 

Message 1 of 10
vajim
Master

Re: RBR40 Router when press sync button the white rings do not flash

@eclipse31satx wrote:

Hi, trying to sync an add on RBS20 satelite.  when i press the sync button the RBR40 router the white rings do not light up.   any ideas how to get the router to start syncing? 

https://kb.netgear.com/31018/How-do-I-sync-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite

Message 2 of 10
eclipse31satx
Aspirant

thank you for your reply.  i have seen these instructions and video.   my problem is when i press the sync button on the RBR40 router the white ring does not light up and blink.  how do i get it to do that?  

Message 3 of 10
vajim
Master

@eclipse31satx wrote:

thank you for your reply.  i have seen these instructions and video.   my problem is when i press the sync button on the RBR40 router the white ring does not light up and blink.  how do i get it to do that?  

at this point I would login to the orbi login page using a pc and see if the sat shows up there.

otherwise perform a factory reset

Message 4 of 10
vajim
Master

@eclipse31satx wrote:

looking back over the instructions...i don't see the word white

Message 5 of 10
eclipse31satx
Aspirant

yeah, youre right.  it says the rings will light up.   mine doesn't do that.  

Message 6 of 10
vajim
Master

@eclipse31satx wrote:

yeah, youre right.  it says the rings will light up.   mine doesn't do that.  

it says this..."

• Solid blue. If the LED is solid blue for 90-180 seconds, your router and satellite successfully synced.

all other colors is bad

The blue should eventually go away

If you still are concerned about a missing LED light on the sat I would check the login page then maybe a factory reset

Message 7 of 10
vajim
Master

Message 8 of 10
eclipse31satx
Aspirant

thanks but my issue is the router, all the directions say its supposed to light up to sync, but it is not doing that.   i press the sync button and i get no light to flash.   

Message 9 of 10
vajim
Master

@eclipse31satx wrote:

thanks but my issue is the router, all the directions say its supposed to light up to sync, but it is not doing that.   i press the sync button and i get no light to flash.   

So if you can't confirm that the sat is connected via the pc login I would do a factory reset 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7