Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 - Update Firmware Discrepency

TallTell
Aspirant

RBR40 - Update Firmware Discrepency

I have the RBR40 mesh with 2 Orbi Satelites.  I received an email on March 15, 2020 stating there is a new version of firmware out v2.3.5.34.  When I go to the router settings, it states my firmware version is v2.3.5.32.  When I go to 'Check for Updates' it states 'No new firmware is available at this time.'  I would assume .34 is the latest version.  Why am not able to update to .34 from .32?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: RBR40 - Update Firmware Discrepency

@TallTell wrote:

I wanted to make sure I was up to date.  According to my app I am.  Thanks for you reply.

ok....in the future no need to worry or keep checking about firmware updates.

when there is a critical update, NG will push it to you automatcially.  no action required on your part.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Damn Netgear and their emails. If your Orbi is working to suit you, I would well enough alone. 

If you want to "roll the dice", navigate to http:netgear.com/support and enter the Orbi model number. The Downloads link will bring up all of the available firmware versions.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@TallTell wrote:

I have the RBR40 mesh with 2 Orbi Satelites.  I received an email on March 15, 2020 stating there is a new version of firmware out v2.3.5.34.  When I go to the router settings, it states my firmware version is v2.3.5.32.  When I go to 'Check for Updates' it states 'No new firmware is available at this time.'  I would assume .34 is the latest version.  Why am not able to update to .34 from .32?

Aside from the fact that you received an email from NG, why do you want to upgrade your firmware??.

Message 3 of 7
TallTell
Aspirant

I wanted to make sure I was up to date.  According to my app I am.  Thanks for you reply.

Message 4 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@TallTell wrote:

ok....in the future no need to worry or keep checking about firmware updates.

when there is a critical update, NG will push it to you automatcially.  no action required on your part.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

You can check NGs download site for updates and release notes and manually download and apply FW files if you want to as well. 

Good Luck. 

@TallTell wrote:

Message 6 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You can check NGs download site for updates and release notes and manually download and apply FW files if you want to as well. 

or...they can just leave things alone....its too crowded living on the edge

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7