Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 become slow and have connection issue

bb9394
Aspirant

RBR40 become slow and have connection issue

I had a firmware upgrade on the RBR40 recently. After the renewal, not only the connection speed have slowed down significantly, to only a few Mb a second. I had to call my ISP to check, and they verified that the line coming in has no problem (feeding 300mb).

At the same time, I am having issue with device control, as many of my phones and tablets get blocked by the router and the RBS40 Satellite. When I try to connect it remotely, I am having issue connecting to both the RBR40 and the satellite, even through I am connected to the WiFI network. When I tried to connect to it via LAN cable, the Router also blocked the connection and its connection to the internet.

I have tried to reset and even power off and on again many times, and the problem still persist.

I don't know how to fix it, and it appears that; reading through some of the recent post, that many have the same issue after the update. Hope new firmware would come soon.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR40 become slow and have connection issue

Any progress on this? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation