Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 not connecting to my phone, works for everything else.

Kharma_14
Follower

RBR40 not connecting to my phone, works for everything else.

Hello,

I am having a strange issue. Just the other night I completed a firmware update. Since the update I the admin have not been able to connect to my WiFi and when I try to load a website it will never load / IE no internet access. All other devices in my household are working fine. I have tried to reboot and the only way I’m able to get onto my orbi device is “connect anywhere” option. If I go to connect regularly after enabling my WiFi and connecting to it (shows connected with no issues) I go back to my Orbi and it states issues connecting with a router. Yet every single device works except mine unless I’m on anywhere connection. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR40 not connecting to my phone, works for everything else.

@Kharma_14 wrote:
Hello,

I am having a strange issue. Just the other night I completed a firmware update. Since the update I the admin have not been able to connect to my WiFi and when I try to load a website it will never load / IE no internet access. All other devices in my household are working fine. I have tried to reboot and the only way I’m able to get onto my orbi device is “connect anywhere” option. If I go to connect regularly after enabling my WiFi and connecting to it (shows connected with no issues) I go back to my Orbi and it states issues connecting with a router. Yet every single device works except mine unless I’m on anywhere connection. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

The Orbi "app" is a mystery.  My guess (only a guess) is that the firmware update has scrambled the Orbi admin password stored in the app, which is used to connect to the Orbi directly over WiFi, rather than through the Cloud connection (Anywhere).

People who participate in the community forum for the Orbi app may have a better understanding of the "app" and be able to offer a solution:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR40 not connecting to my phone, works for everything else.

Has a power off for 1 minute then back on been performed since last update?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7