Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 not doing anything

RobertSalazar43
Aspirant

RBR40 not doing anything

I plug in my RBR40 and no lights come on.  Cant find the network and cant login to the router on the computer.  Satellite light is magenta. Tried resetting the system but it does nothing.  No lights at all.  The only light that works on the router is the green power light on the back. Is this fixable or do I need to get a new router? Tried connecting through my phone in the app but it doesn't find the network. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR40 not doing anything

It will probably help focus attention toward a solution if you provide some additional information.  Such as:

• Is this RBR40 brand new, or was it working for a while and suddenly quit working?
  • What kind of "reset" was this?  (a) Turned the power off and back on? (b) held the end of a paperclip in the tiny "reset" hole next to the power plug?
  • What is the RBR40 connected to?  (brand & model)
  • Has the Orbi WiFi name and password been changed from what appears on the product label (usually on the bottom of the case)?

Thanks

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the power supply brick. Possible that is not working right. Swap the brick with the RBS power brick if you have an RBS. 

Get the system replaced if all else fails. 

@RobertSalazar43 wrote:

I plug in my RBR40 and no lights come on.  Cant find the network and cant login to the router on the computer.  Satellite light is magenta. Tried resetting the system but it does nothing.  No lights at all.  The only light that works on the router is the green power light on the back. Is this fixable or do I need to get a new router? Tried connecting through my phone in the app but it doesn't find the network. Any ideas?

Message 3 of 5
RobertSalazar43
Aspirant

So I've had this orbi for 2 years. Has been working great. It's connected to my att modem. It's a pace 5268ac. Tried resetting both ways with power button and reset hole. And nothing has been changed as far as password. We used what was on the label. It was working well till yesterday. We noticed the satellite upstairs was not getting signal so we checked the main router and it was not working.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

If no LED light is appearing on the top ring of the RBR after pressing and holding the reset button in for 15 seconds, then the RBR or power supply has gone bad I would presume. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7