Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 router not supported

Kaklan
Follower

RBR40 router not supported

I purchased my Orbi back in 2019 and it has been working fine, until now. I noticed that my download speeds were very slow over WiFi (normally 30MB/s, now 3MB/s). I am using the Wifi network as we speak. The issue is when I go into the Orbi app it says my “router is not supported”

This is the same router I used when I initially set it up and it worked without issue. Nothing has changed. I can’t go into the app and check my satellites or speeds, but I know they are working. How could something not be supported when it’s what I initially used.
Message 1 of 3

Re: RBR40 router not supported

@Kaklan wrote:
I purchased my Orbi back in 2019 and it has been working fine, until now. I noticed that my download speeds were very slow over WiFi (normally 30MB/s, now 3MB/s). I am using the Wifi network as we speak. The issue is when I go into the Orbi app it says my “router is not supported”

What is the modem, if there is one, in front of your Orbi router?

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here. However the Orbi system uses some very different technologies from standard routers, you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR40 router not supported

@Kaklan wrote:

This is the same router I used when I initially set it up and it worked without issue. Nothing has changed. I can’t go into the app and check my satellites or speeds, but I know they are working. How could something not be supported when it’s what I initially used.

Internet search for Netgear Orbi "router is not supported" brings up a number of hits, indicating that you are not alone.  When I looked at most of them, there was no obvious solution.  My guess is that something in the app database has become corrupted and it's stuck.

One obvious step would be to erase the app data and cache, then remove and reinstall the Orbi app.

I, personally, am not a big fan of the Orbi app because it does so little. None of the Advanced functions are available on the app, so I use the Orbi web interface daily, and only open the app when trying to answer a question about it.  (i.e. not an expert in the app by any means).

Can you try to log onto the Orbi web interface? http://orbilogin.net

3mb internet access is unusable.  This might be time to perform a Factory Reset on the Orbi and set it up again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7