Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR40 tried to burn down my house

hroberts65616
Aspirant

RBR40 tried to burn down my house

So this morning my Orbi RBR40 tried to burn down my house.  Please see the attached picture. You can see from the picture that it came from the inside out, and my next door neighbor who is a fire Chief informed me that we would gladly sign an afidavit saying that in his expert opinion this PS is the cause of the fire.  Luckily I was in the same room, and was able to get it out of the wall right away.

When I called Netgear I was told too bad so sad. You must buy a new Power Supply.

So now I am having to contact my Lawyer, but I wanted to share this with all of you to be aware of this possibility.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 8
hroberts65616
Aspirant

Additional picture - 1

Message 2 of 8
hroberts65616
Aspirant

Additional Picture - 2

Message 3 of 8
hroberts65616
Aspirant

Additional Picture - 3

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Wow, thats not good. Scary.

I would make contact with NG support about this ASAP. 

How long have you had the system? 

@Blanca_O 

@Christian_R 

@ChristineT 

@ErnestTheGreat 

Message 5 of 8
hroberts65616
Aspirant

I did. I was told too bad so sad. buy a new Power Supply.  which is why I said I have now sent the pictures and emails to and from NG to my Lawyer.  I even told them I would like to resolve this issue with you instead of going to court.  And they didn't care.  I just realized that I bought Geek Squad protection thru Best Buy when I boought it.  so I am going to return it and go with Google's Mesh Wifi system. it may not be as high MIMO but it will probably not try to burn down my house.  I will also notify UL which certified the Power Supply.

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Sorry that happened. Smiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hroberts65616,

Thank you for taking the time to post your issue. I'd like to assist and get our Customer Care to reach out to you. I have sent you a message requesting for more details. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7