Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR40 with 2.4.18.6 Hue and Apple issues

BPearce
Guide

RBR40 with 2.4.18.6 Hue and Apple issues

Recent issues with Phillips Hue and Apple home app...

1) My connection to my hue bridge works on one orbi satellite but if I move to another the connection is lost.

2) Quite frequently now the Apple Home app is stuck "Loading Accessories and Scenes"

After some solid performance from the orbi system for quite sometime these issues have arose recently. I have the RBR40 with 2 RBS40's with firmware V2.3.5.30

Message 1 of 6
BPearce
Guide

Re: RBR40 with 2.3.5.30 Hue and Apple issues

Corrected firmware version in subject title

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 3 of 6
JammasterC
Star

I recenlty had issues with Hue Bridge also after a long time of no issue, I wonder if it had an update.

I moved the Hue Bridge from a RBS50 connection to the RBR50, no more lost connections to lights for days now.

The Bridge was far from the lights not responsive, but the lights themselves communicate with each other for connecting I understand, so I'm not sure what was going on.

No other device connected to the RBS50 has encountered any issues.

So what I'm getting at here is, move the Hue bridge!

Message 4 of 6
BPearce
Guide

I started with hue support and they had mentioned they had some security updates recently that had affected bridges that were attached to extenders. Moved mine to a wired connection to orbi router but didn’t fix the problem I had connecting to bridge with hue app.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please give feedback to the questions presented. 

@BPearce wrote:
I started with hue support and they had mentioned they had some security updates recently that had affected bridges that were attached to extenders. Moved mine to a wired connection to orbi router but didn’t fix the problem I had connecting to bridge with hue app.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7