Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40

Mass2479
Aspirant

RBR40

I have an RBR40

My first question is, Is this and older version? because I can't find this version I only see RBR50.  Second question is can I connect a satellite with ethernet ports to my RBR40 and if so which one? and if I can add a satellite with ethernet ports will my device get faster service if I plug  directly into the satellite like plugging directly into the router?

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBR40

RBR40 is just smaller and covers a less sq feet than the RBR50 but everything else is the same. and yes you can use Ethernet back haul if you have any 2.1 firmware or higher on your system. 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR40

You can connect the Satellite any of the open LAN ports in back of the Orbi router.

I have a 40 series system and have 1 satellite connected via ethernet back haul. Works well. You can even use external NON Managed Gb network switches in between as well in between the router and satellie if needed.

@Mass2479 wrote:

I have an RBR40

My first question is, Is this and older version? because I can't find this version I only see RBR50.  Second question is can I connect a satellite with ethernet ports to my RBR40 and if so which one? and if I can add a satellite with ethernet ports will my device get faster service if I plug  directly into the satellite like plugging directly into the router?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7