Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Access Control - Blocking local Approved devices (Both Wired and Wireless)

Doug-48051
Luminary

RBR50 Access Control - Blocking local Approved devices (Both Wired and Wireless)

Recently my Oribi with Access Control On started blocking previously approved devices. I am runing FW 2.3.1.60.  The only recent thing I can think of is the updating of the Oribi Phone App.

Could the phone be updating or not updating thid functionality correctly?

I have tried to correct the blocked devices issues using the desktop login with no luck. It seems to be randomly blocking and unblocking random devices?  I have replicated this issue in Chrome  and IE.

Turning off Access Control appears to address the symptom, but I like to use MAC Filtering on my network and would love to see a fix to this functionality.

Doug

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Access Control - Blocking local Approved devices (Both Wired and Wireless)

Try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch. I would remove the Orbi app and reinstall again then try using the app to see if it works correcty. 

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50 Access Control - Blocking local Approved devices (Both Wired and Wireless)

@Doug-48051 wrote:

Could the phone be updating or not updating thid functionality correctly?

There was a thread on the forum in May describing problems with Access Control and the iPhone app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-Access-Control-Not-Working-Properly-since-FW-update/m-p/1...

I believe a solution was found in Message 9 of the thread.

Message 3 of 4
HSIM
Tutor

Suggest to follow this issue up with the existing thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Access-Control-randomly-blocking-approved-devices-on-V2-2-1-21...

This existing thread has a lot additional information about the issue, with what others already tried, what seemed to work and not, and tells how long Netgear has been ignoring this problem. We have to push Netgear harder to get this problem solved. This is really pushsing me to the limit and I am about to abandon Netgear... I have had this very problem with their older models for years, e.g., with Nighthawk X4, but used to have one or two workarounds. Now such workaround is also gone. This feature is completely broken now.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7