Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Bridge VLAN tied to Satellite wired interface

jtay
Aspirant

RBR50 Bridge VLAN tied to Satellite wired interface

Hi everyone!

Just got my new Orbi RBR50 today with a satellite.

I have IPTV which requires VLAN 20 priority 4, but when I enable this in the settings, I can only select to associate this with the physical ports on the router and not the satellite.

I had hoped that one of the satellite wired ports could be configured to carry this bridged VLAN, since it is where my IPTV box is located.

Has anyone every done this successfully before? I'm not averse to brctl commands if it can only be done that way..

Thanks for any tips!

Jeffrey

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50 Bridge VLAN tied to Satellite wired interface

Since it is brand new, it comes with 90 days of telephone support.  Register the Orbi on the Netgear web site.  There is a link after you register it to contact support.

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

I have not enabled VLAN, but I notice that there are two choices: by Bridge Group and By Tag Group.  Looks like the Tag Group applies to wireless as well.

Message 3 of 5
jtay
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply @CrimpOn !

I checked the tag group options, but seems that when adding another tag group the only options I have are to tie to at least one of the 3 wired ports on the router and not the satellite.

So it seems that the very first (or only) VLAN defined takes all wireless + wired ports

Any other VLAN I try to add, has to tie to wired, and it has to be a wired port on the router unit.

Will try contact tech support. Thanks again!

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Please report what they tell you.

The Help instructions seem inconsistent to me.

Would like to hear "how IPTV works."

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7