Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Bv2.1.4.16 mine just rebooted again!

note8guy
Guide

RBR50 Bv2.1.4.16 mine just rebooted again!

I have had it with system.  I am constantly getting disconnected from my note 8, maintaining a constant stream to my sonos wth spotify is a hit hit or miss and now BOTH the router and satiile just crashed and rebooted.  The family is home for the holiday, could this $500+ CAD peice of junk not handle the numbr of deivces connected?  I have 35 in total which should be handled by this "Mesh" system.  Most of my friends have the goole wifi system and they have now comlaints.  It is very embarasing havnig them come over and wait for a connection on this thing. 

What is the secret to achive some stablity ?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 11
Streak2
Master

Re: RBR50 Bv2.1.4.16 mine just rebooted again!

There should be no problem handling your number of devices.

In the past when I have experienced the odd quirk after a firmware update, factory resetting the RBR50 and satellite did the trick.

It may be inconvenient for you to do this but may be worth a shot.

Message 2 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@note8guy wrote:

I have had it with system.  I am constantly getting disconnected from my note 8, maintaining a constant stream to my sonos wth spotify is a hit hit or miss and now BOTH the router and satiile just crashed and rebooted.  The family is home for the holiday, could this $500+ CAD peice of junk not handle the numbr of deivces connected?  I have 35 in total which should be handled by this "Mesh" system.  Most of my friends have the goole wifi system and they have now comlaints.  It is very embarasing havnig them come over and wait for a connection on this thing. 

What is the secret to achive some stablity ?

Message 3 of 11
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi note8guy, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information Streak2 and FURRYe38 provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 11
note8guy
Guide

Hi sorry it has been a busy few weeks. I will respond to your solution and questions this evening.

Pat
Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know...Smiley Wink

@note8guy wrote:
Hi sorry it has been a busy few weeks. I will respond to your solution and questions this evening.

Pat

Message 7 of 11
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi note8guy, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

There is a new firmware released for RBK50. Please update the firmware to 2.2.1.210. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

@note8guy

Any progress on this? 

@note8guy wrote:

Pat

Message 9 of 11
note8guy
Guide

Hi not much unfortunately. I do have 30days uptime on both devices but I have had a few situations where my phone and a few other devices have lost wireless connections. I am out of town now and have not had a chance to factory reset the unit. My issue with that is that I will need to rejoin most of my devices to the network even if I use the same ssid and password... Its a real pain.
I see that a new firmware has been released so I will review what the changes are and decide if I will upgrade and factory reset.

To answer some of the questions above I do have many networks in my neighborhood and selected the lest busiest ch. I believe it was 6, I will confirm tomorrow.

Sorry I haven't provided feedback sooner...

Patrick
Message 10 of 11
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

@note8guy

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7