Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 Can't doesn't display device but its working

flroots
Guide

RBR50 Can't doesn't display device but its working

I'm encountering a strange problem. I just purchased and install the Xiaomi Mi Box S Android TV box. It's connected to Orbi via WiFi. It's working fine, but it's not listed in either the Orbi app or web interface. At the suggestion of Netgear support I did a lengthy factory reset, but nothings changed. It's currently located about 3 ft from my sole Satellite. And hints?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@flroots wrote:

I'm encountering a strange problem. I just purchased and install the Xiaomi Mi Box S Android TV box. It's connected to Orbi via WiFi. It's working fine, but it's not listed in either the Orbi app or web interface. At the suggestion of Netgear support I did a lengthy factory reset, but nothings changed. It's currently located about 3 ft from my sole Satellite. And hints?

As long as it works tell us why you care about the display?

Message 2 of 10
flroots
Guide

From a diagnostic standpoint it provides information such as what device it's connected, to what frequency, etc. Guess I'm funny that way; I like to see things working.

Model: CATRBR50-100NAS|Orbi Premium CAT5e Flat Ethernet Cable
Message 3 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

There are several very detailed posts (and long, too) about the Orbi having issues with devices not being displayed, especially on firmware 2.5.1.8.  Search for "devices" or "2.5.1.8" (in the upper left corner of the forum screen) and you'll find post after post.

The consensus appears to be that for some people (but not everyone), something goes haywire in 2.5.1.8 with regard to displaying devices.  (My Orbi is on 2.5.1.8 and shows every device perfectly.)

The consensus if also that you have two choices (1) "live with it" and hope that one day the display will correct itself, and (2) download the previous firmware, 2.3.5.30, from the Netgear support site and do a Manual Upload to the Orbi.  The situation just sucks big time.

Sorry.

Message 4 of 10
flroots
Guide

Thanks. I guess I'll live with it. As an update one additional device (my wife's laptop) doesn't display in addition to our Xiaomi Mi Box S.

Message 5 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@flroots wrote:

Thanks. I guess I'll live with it. As an update one additional device (my wife's laptop) doesn't display in addition to our Xiaomi Mi Box S.

what firmware are you on... 2.5.1.8...??

if so, you may want to revert.

Message 6 of 10
flroots
Guide

I'm on v2.5.1.8.

Message 7 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@flroots wrote:

I'm on v2.5.1.8.

you may want to revert to an earlier version

lots of folks having problems with v2.5.1.8

Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

You might update:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061838/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-5-1-16

Review the release notes..

Other than this, v2.5.1.8 works well for others including me.

@flroots wrote:

I'm on v2.5.1.8.

Message 9 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

you may want to revert to an earlier version

lots of folks having problems with v2.5.1.8

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies