Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Can't fully remove Circle Parental Controls

Darrellsnook
Aspirant

RBR50 Can't fully remove Circle Parental Controls

I followed the instructions to disable Circle parental controls since I wanted to use the new built-in parental controls. Everything seemed to go smoothly, but my children's phone still seem to be getting blocked to the old Circle downtime restrictions and downtime settings. I figured this out by grabbing the URL from their browser after they got blocked. When they get blocked (at 6:30pm, which is their old downtime start time from a couple of years ago) they get redirected to here: http://bedtime.meetcircle-netgear.com/app/.

This shouldn't be happening since I am now using the native parental controls on the Oribi V2.7.3+ firmware versions.  And now I have no way to remove these older Circle settings. Please help!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Can't fully remove Circle Parental Controls

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 6
Darrellsnook
Aspirant

No, I was hoping to avoid that. I’ve got a decent amount configured between static IPs and the Netgear Parental controls.

Is there a way to backup certain aspects of the configuration so I don’t carry over whatever condition is causing the old Circle Parental Controls to stick around?

If not, I guess I’ll just bite the bullet. Screenshots and manually reconfiguring will be the way to go.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You can back up what you have however you would be backing up the current state of the controls that you don't want. So you may need to reset and setup from scratch. Once setup and you don't enable SPC or Armor, make a back up then so you have something with out the additional features. 

Back up is under Advanced tab/Admin/Backup on the RBRs web page. 

Message 4 of 6
Darrellsnook
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go this weekend and report back here. 

Message 5 of 6
Chuckg1
Star

Netgear SPC does not work and require factory resets every time it fails.  You should stay away from it at any cost. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7