Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Firmware update Problem

joyammi
Tutor

RBR50 Firmware update Problem

I logged into my Orbi Netger app and it said there was a Firmware update. So I updated. Now my Orbi does not show up in Wifi newtorks. That means I cant get into my Circle App either. I tried to factory reset but it doesnt work. I hold the paper clip in for a couple minutes. Nothing. I have unplugged everything and rebooted everything. I have spent 2 hours trying to troubleshoot this to no avail. When I search the community and support I find nothing to help resolve this issue. I tried to call a support number to see if I could purchase support for this lame problem, was connected to someone i could not understand and then was put on hold. I hung up after 45 minutes. I am heading out to vacation and now I have to leave the rest of the household without access. Really disappointed in Netgear and may switch to something more stable. 

Any suggestions for how to resolve this? Any reccomendations for a new system? Thanks in advance.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Firmware update Problem

Use a wired lan cable PC connected to the router.

Press in the reset button on the Orbi router until the top LED turn amber or yellowish then release the reset button. Should be only 15 seconds. Wait for the WHITE led to blink fast, then will start to pulsate slowly, when you see this, log into the routers web page at 192.168.1.1 with the wired PC and a web browser, IE11 will work. Walk thru the set up wizard and fill it out. Write down the new log in info and SSID names and PW you set up.

Message 2 of 6
joyammi
Tutor

Thank you for the response. However, as indicated in my original post, the router will NOT reset. I have unplugged, powered off etc, and still cannot get it to blink amber and pulse white. In addition, I have tried 3 browsers, clearing caches and cookies and cannot login to the routers web page. 

So I suppose my first problem would be getting the router to reset.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like you need to get ahold of NG support, on the phone and see if they can help you. Possible the router maybe faulty and needs to be replace. Ask about an RMA.

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 6
joyammi
Tutor

Ok, thanks. Do you have the number for NG support?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I don't, however you can PM @DarrenM and he should be able to help you further.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7