Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50: Help with IPv4 PPPoE setup

sparkman
Aspirant

RBR50: Help with IPv4 PPPoE setup

Like a few people that have posted here, i'm looking to bypass my Bell Home Hub 3000 so that I may get the most of my Orbi RBR50 router. I have seen a lot of discussion about configuring the WAN connection to use PPPoE to eliminate the double NAT, as the Home Hub 3000 cannot be put in bridge mode.This is something i'm looking to do as putting the Orbi router's IP in the DMZ settings on the Home Hub 3000 doesn't appear to improve speeds (ethernet or wifi).

I see in the advanced setup there is a way to do specify internet connection for IPv6, however i do not see a place to do this for IPv4. When I change the connection type for IPv6 to PPPoE it gives me the option to "Use the same login information as IPv4 PPPoE", however I can't seem to find where that configuration item resides in the firmware.

I'm sure i'm missing something simple/obvious, so if someone could please help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50: Help with IPv4 PPPoE setup

Did you look at page 27 of the Orbi user manual, where it describes PPoE connections?

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
sparkman
Aspirant

A few things I forgot. I have tested the ethernet and wifi from my affected devices directly with the Home Hub 3000 and i am achieving the desired speeds when connected. However, for instance, my ethernet speeds (with cat6) are about 50% less when going through my Orbi RBR50.

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Did you look at page 27 of the Orbi user manual, where it describes PPoE connections?

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf 

Message 3 of 4
sparkman
Aspirant

As yes the 'ole RTFM. Thanks for that. I obviously missed that.

Much appreciated.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7