Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 Internet Connection Disconnect Issues

res03yzp
Follower

RBR50 Internet Connection Disconnect Issues

I have an RBR50 and two satellites. I'm currently running V2.3.1.60. Two updates ago, I started noticing problems with the Internet disconnecting. So now once a week or so, I have to reboot the router. I get errors on my streaming devices that I am experiencing low bandwidth then I lose my connection. The fix is always to reboot the router. Before the last two firmware updates, this WiFi mesh has worked flawlessly. Now it's annoying. Has anyone experienced this same problem?

Message 1 of 5
tripletdaddy
Aspirant

I've seen the issue twice this week ~22:00 Pacific. Amazon streaming complains then I lose all Internet browsing and apps on wired and wireless. Crazy thing is that I can do dns lookups to external DNS servers and tracerts without issue. And the speedtest runs from my iOS as well. Logs didn't show anything but typical DHCP traffic. WiFi never goes down. Cable modem lights all solid green. First time it happened I rebooted everything - no help. Second time it happend I just waited 20 minutes and voila started working. Too many possibilities to even contemplate why just yet. Somebody else said ARRIS TM1602 issues. I wonder about Circle and Bitdeffender having a pissing contest. I want to love this thing so I hope it doesn't get returned to Costco. We'll see. Good luck.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch. 

@res03yzp wrote:

I have an RBR50 and two satellites. I'm currently running V2.3.1.60. Two updates ago, I started noticing problems with the Internet disconnecting. So now once a week or so, I have to reboot the router. I get errors on my streaming devices that I am experiencing low bandwidth then I lose my connection. The fix is always to reboot the router. Before the last two firmware updates, this WiFi mesh has worked flawlessly. Now it's annoying. Has anyone experienced this same problem?

Message 3 of 5
Greg00001
Star

Yes. The exact same issue!
Message 4 of 5
ORBIisJUNK
Aspirant

Hi All,

I am also having the same issue. Sometimes one of the satellites will be disconnected and after I reboot the Router, it gets connected. And as OP mentioned, 2 firmware updates before, it was working well. Both of last updates have created this issue and it is still there.

Please let me know if something works. Everyone at home except me really want to return this product so trying to make it work.

Thanks,

CAH

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7