Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 Is having issues connecting to certain websites

seb_hicks
Follower

RBR50 Is having issues connecting to certain websites

Hi, I've recently been experiencing issues when trying to connect to certain websites such as cnn, espn, etc. However, I've been able to connect to YouTube and Google Search but that's pretty much it. I've been trying to troubleshoot the problem my self before trying to contact anyone or recieve any assistance and have deduced the problem is stemming from the router itself, as I am able to access these websites when wired directly to my modem. The router is an Orbi RBR50 running on the latest firmware which is 1.12.0.18. This issue can be seen throughout multiple devices connected to the router including iPads, iPhones, Macs, and Windows machines.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Seb_hicks

Have you told those devices to forget the network then connect again? also you could try to change the DNS server see if that is the issue.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
Landerx
Apprentice

This is not a router issue. This is just an issue where you have cookies installed that are conflicting with the webpage loading properly. I suggest resetting all your internet settings to defaults and clearing them completely. This should fix your problem.

Message 3 of 8
st_shaw
Master

@Landerx wrote:

This is not a router issue. This is just an issue where you have cookies installed that are conflicting with the webpage loading properly. I suggest resetting all your internet settings to defaults and clearing them completely. This should fix your problem.

If it's a broswer issue, then how come it works when the OP connects directly to his ISP modem (probably router actually).

Message 4 of 8
Landerx
Apprentice

I just know that this usually happens when you made some kind of a change to your router settings or internet settings. The fact that some websites work and others don't just points to a configuration issue not a router issue. I truly think that if it was a router issue that no websites would work not just specific ones.

Message 5 of 8
SleighDriver
Initiate

It's definitely caused by the Orbi, specifically the latest 1.12.0.18 firmware rolled out this week. Same thing happened to me after installing 1.12.0.18. iOS apps didn't work. Non-Google websites didn't load. Google sites worked fine on my desktop (but not in iOS devises), and Outlook worked. I rolled back the firmware to the prior release and everything is a-ok again. The problem is the firmware. 

Message 6 of 8
JudeMills
Tutor

Count me in on this one too.  Went to bed and internet was functioning normally. Since I had just purchased the system, I had not upgraded to the new firmware version. Was still running V1.2.0.1.  Overnight the router automatically installed the newest firmware V1.12.0.18. Now this morning no one on the network can get various websites.  Rebooted everything including the modem [ie recycled the router].  While I was typing this, everything seemed to start working again. So, if you haven't tried unplugging the modem and then the router, wait about 15 seconds, then replug in the modem and then the router, it might work for you too.  Big mystery.  See if everything continues to work or whether things get glitchy with the newest version.....  Good luck all!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 7 of 8
zanus
Initiate

thanks all for solving an issue I have been struggling for two days.  Centruylink was no help and after swapping the modem today I talked to our network engineer and he said it was on m side not CL.  Rather than install the old firmware I will wait for them to fix it and let Netgear update me just like they did and screwed me up.  What pisses me off I registered the product with email and they could have saved me a lot of time and frustration by sending out an email notifying me of the problem with the update.  It would have been helpful if they thought of the cusotmer.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7