Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 - Macbook Connection Issue

GeertCab
Aspirant

RBR50 - Macbook Connection Issue

At home I have several devices connected to the Orbi network, including a SONOS system, several iPhones, Video doorbel,... 

I also have 2 macbooks and 2 windows laptops from work. When connecting the windows laptops i have no problems. But as soon as I wish to connect the macbooks AND I have 10 devices connected, I cannot get the macbooks to connect to the network. As soon as I disable a device connection and go below 10 connected devices, I can connect the Macbook without an issue... 

Why does this only happen with the macbooks and not with other devices (iOS or Windows)? 

Hope I can get help in this community. 

Thanks in advance

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBR50 - Macbook Connection Issue

In your DHCP settings, how many IP addresses are you allowing? Sometimes it's best not to limit the amout of devices that can connect. Also make sure you have your subnet mask set to 255.255.255.0. There have been posts about people finding 255.255.255.248 or 255.255.255.240 set, which would limit to 6 or 14. 

goto orbilogon.com - advanced - Lan setup and check your settings.. 

Message 2 of 5
GeertCab
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. Did check the values that you suggested. Subnet Mask was set to 255.255.255.0.

For the IP addresses. It starts at xxx.xxx.x.2 and ends with xxx.xxx.x.254.

But I find it strange that I only have this issue with the MacBooks. Other devices do not have troubles, and can connect even more devices. It is only with the MacBooks that cannot get connected unless I switch one other device off.
Message 3 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

Is the Macbook set to obtain an IP address or is it set with a permanent IP address? It almost sounds like, since it is only the Macbook, that an IP reservation conflict may be causing it. Flush DNS and release/renew IP address on the Macbook.

Message 4 of 5
GeertCab
Aspirant

Was set to auto receive an IP address.

But while I was looking further I learned the problem with the connection is with the MacBook (hard or software). I will start looking for a solution there. Seems te be an issue as both the MacBooks we have, endure this problem. Both same model. I just saw they had the same issue on other networks too (outside our home).

Thanks for the help!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7