Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 New Firmware update 2.70.70

Gudel2
Apprentice

RBR50 New Firmware update 2.70.70

Orbi firmware Update via mobile app
Version 2.70.70
No release notes yet on NG website
No issues so far
Message 1 of 6
SoCal
Aspirant

Re: RBR50 New Firmware update 2.70.70

This update did not bode well with me. The mobile app indicated there was a new update. Upon updating it only updated my router and not my satellites. Further, I was locked out of my router as it required me to login again, but refused my password. After doing a reset via my PC and a web browser, through Netgear's establlished protocol, it shows that only the router received V2.7.0.70 and the satellites remain on version V2.5.1.16. Going to Netgear's firmware page for my Orbi system only yields the firmware update of V2.5.1.16 for the router and sateliites.

My wife teaches a university class from our residence, due to the COVID-19 situation. In other words—this is mission critical for her. Netgear, please, please, please get your act together on your firmware release updates. I've been longtime user of Netgear products and at times I find it hard to love Netgear.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@Gudel2 wrote:
Orbi firmware Update via mobile app
Version 2.70.70
No release notes yet on NG website
No issues so far

Did your router update automatically, or notify you? Or did you download and manually install?

Message 3 of 6
globespy
Apprentice

Noticed intermittent WiFi problems since updating.
One Google Pixel 4 and a Vizio Streaming TV are both having issues with buffering. Don't use any other WiFi devices so safe to say it's working poorly on WiFi. Same channels, settings as previous FW

Message 4 of 6
fmalloy
Luminary

If Netgear can't figure out how to automatically update the satellites first, then the router using the app, they should rip out the function from the software. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure you power OFF the RBR and RBS for 1 minute then back ON or do a full reset and setp from scratch after updating to v70. I didn't notice anything bad with v70 loaded on mine. 

Just a couple of items that I made NG aware of:

1. When in AP mode, ethernet connected RBS behind daisy chained switches causes an ARP storm on the network. Same with v4 FW as well. 

2. Other RBS that are not using same version of v70 FW can't connect. I have a RBS20 that won't connect until NG releases a version tor the RBS20, etc series. 

Other wise seemed to work ok. 

I have since downgraded to v16. 

@globespy wrote:

Noticed intermittent WiFi problems since updating.
One Google Pixel 4 and a Vizio Streaming TV are both having issues with buffering. Don't use any other WiFi devices so safe to say it's working poorly on WiFi. Same channels, settings as previous FW

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7