Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 ORBI router ring light blinking white light

anomura1
Follower

RBR50 ORBI router ring light blinking white light

My ORBI router stopped working and is now blinking a white light. I’ve disconnected it and tried plugging it back in and setting it up through the ORBI app but it’s still blinking white and can’t connect no matter what I do. The modem seems to be working fine, but just the router that’s the issue.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Pulsing white usually indicates the orbi router/satellite are applying a configuration change/updating firmware. 

If its stuck blinking white, try factory resetting it. 

Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. 

Message 2 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

@anomura1 wrote:
My ORBI router stopped working and is now blinking a white light. I’ve disconnected it and tried plugging it back in and setting it up through the ORBI app but it’s still blinking white and can’t connect no matter what I do. The modem seems to be working fine, but just the router that’s the issue.

Did you connect a cable directly to your internet modem to confirm you have an internet connection?

Are you using the IP address and DNS servers provided by your ISP, or did you choose your own IP address and/or 3rd party DNS servers?

Change the connection cable from the internet modem to your Orbi router and try rebooting the internet modem.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7