Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 – Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System

mariogotze5589
Aspirant

RBR50 – Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System

Hi

I have question about this router,
so this router is tri-band router ,but if you want to use the satalite with it ,it will turn this router to dual band,so if I planed to buy the router only without the stalite, does that mean that it will be tri-band, or the third band will be reserved fot the additional satalie even-though if it us not included in the system ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
cue003
Apprentice

Re: RBR50 – Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System

The 3rd band is a dedicated backhaul band reserved for communication between the router and satellites only. If you just bought the router without satellites the 3rd band would not be in use.
Message 2 of 4
mariogotze5589
Aspirant

iam planning to get a triband router because I have multiple devices, and I have a small space so no need for extension.
Do you recommend going for different models to get the full three band like ac3200, or I can use the 3 bands on this router since I'm not getting the extension?
Thanks
Message 3 of 4
loomis1975
Luminary

Definitely go for another router for a small space.  Get one that has tri-band and the features you want as a router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7