Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Orbi

Sarge87
Follower

RBR50 Orbi

I recently had my router out of service for about 1 hour. After it was put back in service several of my devices needed a hard reboot and then were able to sync back up. I have and Orbi with 1 satellite that the hardwired interent seemed to be working fine and yet the wifi was not. It was not working from the satellite as well as from the main device. It would be on for about 5 minutes and then go out. I would get DHCP errors. After the better part of a day I reset the main device. It seemed to be taking a while for the wifif to come back up which it finally did. Another 30 minutes later it looks like all ios working again however during the process I got the DHCP error again as well as intermittant wifi. Any suggestions how to clean it up totally or is it going to be hit and miss until I finally replace it? I have not even had the devices for 10 months and they are having problems.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Orbi

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7