Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Problem

tommyvan
Follower

RBR50 Problem

Orbi TriBand RBK 50, 3 months old, running V2.2.1.210 in Router Mode with Xfinity Cisco DPC3939 in Bridge Mode.

Working today in IE 11 (Current) reading Gmail.

All internet and local activity is suddenly lost and access to the Orbi Router is unavailable.  After several minutes, the Orbi is available but has returned to factory default settings.  All my settings were lost.

I was able to log in as a new user then reload a saved backup but I have two huge questions.

1.  What caused this to happen?  (It hasn't happened before and I have restarted multiple times with no issues)

2.  What can be done to prevent this in the future.

Thanks,

Tom

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: RBR50 Problem

It sounds like the time it took to come back up was reboot time... Not sure why this happened but I would encourage you to update your firmware to the latest version for stability reasons.

Remember to update the satellites first (they can go directly to version .32)

Then update the router... but you will have to go to the intermediate version before going to the objective version (.32)

Look at the threads on here with details and links to firmware.

Just to be sure all gremlins are out of the system, after upgrade, do a factory reset to clear out any odd settings.

A little bit of a PITA, but I believe you will appreciate the update and associated stability.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Problem

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@tommyvan wrote:

Orbi TriBand RBK 50, 3 months old, running V2.2.1.210 in Router Mode with Xfinity Cisco DPC3939 in Bridge Mode.

Working today in IE 11 (Current) reading Gmail.

All internet and local activity is suddenly lost and access to the Orbi Router is unavailable.  After several minutes, the Orbi is available but has returned to factory default settings.  All my settings were lost.

I was able to log in as a new user then reload a saved backup but I have two huge questions.

1.  What caused this to happen?  (It hasn't happened before and I have restarted multiple times with no issues)

2.  What can be done to prevent this in the future.

Thanks,

Tom

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7