Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50/RBS50/AT&T

shmontgomery
Guide

RBR50/RBS50/AT&T

Seen a couple different threads on this and also with AT&T. I even did a factory reset on Orbi products after 1st attempt to make sure of a clean start. Looks like a few of you have been successful (not sure if same Orbi model). Here are the steps I took:

1. Reset Orbi RBR/RBS factory settings

2. Established CAT5 connection via switch and had all products within 2ft of each other

3. AT&T router disabled 2.4/5 GHz 

4. Plugged in Orbi products to switch to run setup

5. Was able to get RBR50 setup but satellite setup didn’t work so I skipped

6. Changed RBR50 to AP

7. Tried to setup RBS and still couldn’t be found

8. Searched again to try and find a solution and came across the IP Passthrough

9. Called up AT&T and they don’t support 3rd party products. Figured T1 support couldn’t help (they had no idea) and spoke to T2. They didn’t really know either because certain fields couldn’t be filled in until I changed options

10. After this still couldn’t find RBS50 when trying to add device

11. When I go to Orbi app it says the router/AP can’t be located even though am on it and typing this

12. Also go to router login.com and info is showing router/AP IS online but then it eventually craps out on me

13. Anyone have any ideas? Think I spent $500+ on this years ago and want to make sure I am doing everything before I submit divorce papers to Netgear. 

I did did see a comment on changing IP address so there was no conflict but I received a message from Orbi that this was done (10.0.0.0.1?) during one of the steps above.

TIA - Steve

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50/RBS50/AT&T

What Firmware is currently loaded?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration.

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

When setting up with a modem be sure to turn OFF both modem and RBR first for 30 seconds, then power ON the ISP modem first then power ON the RBR. I would factory reset and have a wired PC connected to the back of the RBR, with a web browser walk thru the setup wizard. Besure to write down all important information for safe keeping. 

Ensure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and RBR. CAT6 is recommended. 

@shmontgomery wrote:

Seen a couple different threads on this and also with AT&T. I even did a factory reset on Orbi products after 1st attempt to make sure of a clean start. Looks like a few of you have been successful (not sure if same Orbi model). Here are the steps I took:

1. Reset Orbi RBR/RBS factory settings

2. Established CAT5 connection via switch and had all products within 2ft of each other

3. AT&T router disabled 2.4/5 GHz 

4. Plugged in Orbi products to switch to run setup

5. Was able to get RBR50 setup but satellite setup didn’t work so I skipped

6. Changed RBR50 to AP

7. Tried to setup RBS and still couldn’t be found

8. Searched again to try and find a solution and came across the IP Passthrough

9. Called up AT&T and they don’t support 3rd party products. Figured T1 support couldn’t help (they had no idea) and spoke to T2. They didn’t really know either because certain fields couldn’t be filled in until I changed options

10. After this still couldn’t find RBS50 when trying to add device

11. When I go to Orbi app it says the router/AP can’t be located even though am on it and typing this

12. Also go to router login.com and info is showing router/AP IS online but then it eventually craps out on me

13. Anyone have any ideas? Think I spent $500+ on this years ago and want to make sure I am doing everything before I submit divorce papers to Netgear. 

I did did see a comment on changing IP address so there was no conflict but I received a message from Orbi that this was done (10.0.0.0.1?) during one of the steps above.

TIA - Steve

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7