Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.7.4.24 host internet access issue

lvangent
Guide

RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.7.4.24 host internet access issue

Hello,

With the latest Orbi RBR50 firmware 2.7.4.24 I have the following issue; can this please be confirmed?

Orbi IOS App (latest version); host access to internet, when disable host, no access by this host to internet - works

Orbi iOS App, enable host access, internet access, after 5 seconds, restored - works

Now the issue;

Orbi IOS App; host access to internet, when disable host, no access by host to internet - works

Browser login to RBR50 and authorise access to host - STILL NO INTERNET ACCESS

the only way, I found, using browser is to disable access control for everyone to get internet access for host (and everyone)

Is this normal behaviour or could this be considered a bug?

Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.7.4.24 host internet access issue

Hello Ivangent, 

After receiving further confirmation from our team this issue may be separate from the issue we are currently observing. Please try the following steps to resolve your issue.

On your iOS device:

Double-check Settings -> Privacy -> Local Network -> scroll to the Orbi App and ensure the Orbi App has the Local Network privilege turned on.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

The issue in this post about an RBR50 system is entirely different from the fiasco about auto update of V4.6.8.2 on the 750/850 systems.

It is regarding an inconsistency between the way the Orbi 'app' handles pausing device internet access and the way the web interface does it.  As an Android user, I lack an "i-thing" with which to explore the issue.

Message 3 of 4
lvangent
Guide

Hi, the Orbi iOS app has local network access and has no problems disable/enable internet access for a host on the internal network. The issue is that the web access does not allow to enable a host, it does allow to disable a host. It seems there is a mismatch between iOS app and web on my RBR50. Please note this is a fresh setup as I had to reset my RBR50 several times because of a problem with PPPOE and enabling traffic stats. That also does not work. Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7