Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Remote Management option is missing

atomicdecay
Follower

RBR50 Remote Management option is missing

On my RBR50 running the latest firmware (2.7.3.22) I am missing the Remote Management option from the web interface.  According to page 109 from the RBR50 User Manual it's supposed to be under Advanced -> Advanced Setup, but I don't have it listed there.  I can access the system fine through the app (local and remote) but that's obviously lacking much of the management functions of the web interface.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2021-10-21_15-12.png

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50 Remote Management option is missing

@atomicdecay wrote:

On my RBR50 running the latest firmware (2.7.3.22) I am missing the Remote Management option from the web interface. Does anyone have any ideas?

My Orbi is the same. Netgear has removed Remote Management over https (port 443), either deliberately or by accident.  Release Notes make no mention of this change. It is not surprising that the User Manual has not been updated.

When I look at the page source, it is clear that the "guts" of the web page remain, but are not being displayed.  Very strange.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Remote Management option is missing

Remote Manangement has changed to Web Services Management and it seem that this is now only a check box to enable or disable it. I believe NG is moving to remote management with using the orbi app only now. Same thing is happening on other NG products. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7