Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Router Firmware Version V2.5.0.38 - Access Control = 500 Internal Server Error

wodge
Aspirant

RBR50 Router Firmware Version V2.5.0.38 - Access Control = 500 Internal Server Error

I have updated my Orbi RBR50 to the latest firmware version V2.5.0.38.

Now I cannot access the Access Control section and see no devices in the Attached Devices section.

Is this a known issue or does anyone know a workaround?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 21
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: RBR50 Router Firmware Version V2.5.0.38 - Access Control = 500 Internal Server Error

@wodge wrote:

WHY???

Message 2 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Router Firmware Version V2.5.0.38 - Access Control = 500 Internal Server Error

Clear out all browser caches. Exit the browser and re-launch the broswer to the RBRs web page.

Try a different browser, IE11, Firefox or Opera.

Factory reset the RBR if the above fails. 

@wodge wrote:

Now I cannot access the Access Control section and see no devices in the Attached Devices section.

Is this a known issue or does anyone know a workaround?

Message 3 of 21
emeraldpatriot
Aspirant

Did you ever find a resolution?  I had the same issue, patched to V2.5.0.40.  I still am getting the same message after a couple of months.  The first symptom is that we experience slow internet access times sporadicly. Then the iphone apps won't let me login with admin password, says its incorrect, but it isn't.  Then when we try to log on via wired web browswer we are able to but get the same 500 internal server error or may get a text only interface the is all but unusable.

Message 4 of 21
techrealm
Aspirant

I had the same error, somhow I downloaded RBS50 firmware instead of RBR50. And with my bad eye sight and even worse font for viewing the .img file for upload - repeatedly kept using the wrong firmware. Once I downloaded the correct firmware and cleared my IE cache etc it worked fine.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using now? 

@techrealm wrote:

I had the same error, somhow I downloaded RBS50 firmware instead of RBR50. And with my bad eye sight and even worse font for viewing the .img file for upload - repeatedly kept using the wrong firmware. Once I downloaded the correct firmware and cleared my IE cache etc it worked fine.

Message 6 of 21
arthur-m
Tutor

Exact same Issue with us as well. Clearing cache is of no help.  

Have not tried to re-set up Orbi as a new device, with restart of cable modem, etc. using the App. Has any one tried that approach?

Message 7 of 21
wodge
Aspirant

I've found updating to the latest available firmware vision has fixed this issue
Message 8 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Be sure to make a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Helps save time. 

Enjoy. 

Message 9 of 21
siquenique
Aspirant

I am having this issue with version 2.5.1.8 does anyone know how to fix it?
Message 10 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Perform a full factory reset on both router and satellite(s) then set up from scratch.

@siquenique wrote:
I am having this issue with version 2.5.1.8 does anyone know how to fix it?

Message 11 of 21
relberfeld
Apprentice

clearly netgear doesnt know how to fix this.  and they dont know why the error is even happening.  reseting the router is NOT A FIX.  Does anyone at netgear have a clue how to resolve this ?  I am about to trash $1000 worth of ORbis because of this issue. 

Message 12 of 21
Mstrbig
Master

@relberfeld wrote:

clearly netgear doesnt know how to fix this.  and they dont know why the error is even happening.  reseting the router is NOT A FIX.  Does anyone at netgear have a clue how to resolve this ?  I am about to trash $1000 worth of ORbis because of this issue. 

What have you tried so far?

What firmware version are you on now?

Mr RBK53 system is on firmware 2.5.1.16, which is the official release, and the system is flawlessly rock solid. Others are on newer firmware and have mixed results. Some are good, others have issues. 

Message 13 of 21
relberfeld
Apprentice

I am on 2.5.1.16. When I reboot the problem goes away for a while, then starts to fail with 500 error when I access remotely.  (only way I can do since I am 800 miles away).  Then some of the connected devices slow down and eventually disconnect.  No changes on any end since the firmware upgrade months ago.  This is only a recent issue.  

Message 14 of 21
Mstrbig
Master

If you are 800 miles away and relying on Internet, the issue may have nothing to do with your Orbi system. Have you tried connecting from another location, using another ISP connection? Also can you change the DNS servers at the location you are at now?

Message 15 of 21
relberfeld
Apprentice

yes, I tried several ISPs, and same issue.  Again, nothing changed on my end.  I spent 30 years in network support, I can tell you without hesitation that this is a Netgear issue.  Based on other peoples comments, they would agree. The point of remote access is just that, remote access.  netgear continues to try to blame everything but their firmware, and fails to recognize that this issue started when they changed to the new "access anywhere" and updated the firmware.  

Time for the google wifi, netgear is out of their league on this product. 

Message 16 of 21
relberfeld
Apprentice

your answer you will get is that nothing changed, it is your problem, nobody else has the problem, clear your cookies, browser cache, reinstall the firmware, reboot the system.  Not a lot of deep insight into the problem or concern. 

Message 17 of 21
Mstrbig
Master

@relberfeld wrote:

yes, I tried several ISPs, and same issue.  Again, nothing changed on my end.  I spent 30 years in network support, I can tell you without hesitation that this is a Netgear issue.  Based on other peoples comments, they would agree. The point of remote access is just that, remote access.  netgear continues to try to blame everything but their firmware, and fails to recognize that this issue started when they changed to the new "access anywhere" and updated the firmware.  

Time for the google wifi, netgear is out of their league on this product. 

Then you know when you receive a general error like you are getting, it can be anything, even a setting on your Orbi system.

The Anywhere Access feature in the Orbi app uses secure authentication through the Netgear Cloud and does not open any ports.

I have dozens of Orbi systems setup in various environments, and the app, as limited as it is, connects to all of them. 

Have you cleared your browser's cache, deleted your browser's cookies, troubleshoot it as a 504 gateway timeout error?

The only way you may be able to solve your problem, is to physically go to the Orbi location and correct it.

Message 18 of 21
relberfeld
Apprentice

great suggestions, but the illogical part of it is that the orbi app on iphone, multiple ipads, as well as the direct ip access all fail. fails on multiple pcs, macs, and has the same symptoms as reported in numerous other posts - slowdown and eventual failures of connected devices.  this is not the ISP, connection speed or anything external. I suppose a piece of crap netgear ADP pulse router for security which is cable connected could be corrupting the router, as it fails often. As you say I cant fix this remote, until I go onsite.  thanks for your help.  until now I have been happy with orbi.  

Message 19 of 21
Mstrbig
Master

@relberfeld wrote:

I suppose a piece of crap netgear ADP pulse router for security which is cable connected could be corrupting the router, as it fails often. As you say I cant fix this remote, until I go onsite.  thanks for your help.  until now I have been happy with orbi.  

You may have just found your problem. It could very well be the ADP pulse router. 

Message 20 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

So does a full reset and setup from scratch fix this? 

If the Orbi app is not working after this, try to uninstall the orbi app, then re-install the app, walk thru a new setup on the app then check operation with the app. 

if the app doen't work, please post about it over in the Orbi app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

@relberfeld wrote:

great suggestions, but the illogical part of it is that the orbi app on iphone, multiple ipads, as well as the direct ip access all fail. fails on multiple pcs, macs, and has the same symptoms as reported in numerous other posts - slowdown and eventual failures of connected devices.  this is not the ISP, connection speed or anything external. I suppose a piece of crap netgear ADP pulse router for security which is cable connected could be corrupting the router, as it fails often. As you say I cant fix this remote, until I go onsite.  thanks for your help.  until now I have been happy with orbi.  

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7