Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Router Pulses White After Unsuccessful Firmware Update

Nervouswrex
Aspirant

RBR50 Router Pulses White After Unsuccessful Firmware Update

Hey everyone, I've been running a RBR50 with (2) RBS50 satellites since April 2020. Last night while attempting to update firmware from V2.5.2.4 to V2.7.0.70 the router got hung up after I successfully updated the satellites. I've tried factory resetting but the device still continues to pulse white after the initial flashing white when powering up. I can successfully ping the device and get TTL=64 in response so there seems to be a pulse but trying to find a way to flash firmware and bring it back online. Otherwise I'll give NG a call to send out a replacement. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. OS: Windows 10 Router: Netgear CM700 RBR50 second floor, centrally located (2) RBS50 on first floor with (1) front half of the house and (1) rear of half of the house
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Router Pulses White After Unsuccessful Firmware Update

Pulsating WHTE means it's ready for configuration or waiting for your configuration. If it's BLINKING WHTE, then the system is still booting and powering UP. Then it will pulsate WHITE. 

Can you access the RBRs web page at 192.168.1.1 at all with a wired PC and web browser? 

If not, you should try this with the RBR:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
"Need to press the reset button for 30 seconds then release, then it send to PUT the command and upload the FW. 
I had a problem on a Windows 10 PC where this didn't work to use TFTP, so I switched to a WIndows 7 PC and the TFTP worked."

Message 2 of 4
Nervouswrex
Aspirant

Thanks for your feedback. After getting passed the NG Tech who offered me to purchase Phone Tech Support (because I passed the 90 day coverage period), I was then assisted by NG troubleshooter who concluded after 2 hours that my RBR50 was eligible for a hardware warranty replacement for what appears to be a corrupt FW issue.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The recovery method may have helped as well. Glad they are getting you a replacement. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7