Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Router solid magenta LED?

bhchan
Follower

RBR50 Router solid magenta LED?

last night, the router LED went to solid magenta... searching online, that doesn't seem to be a valid LED for the router.

Going to 192.168.1.1, on the advanced home screen, I'm seeing a DNS of 0.0.0.0, but the rest of the DHCP settings seem legit.

Bypassing the RBR50, I connected my xbox to the modem and it worked fine... so it's not the modem or the ISP.

I tried forcing the DNS entry to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google's, I believe) to no avail, restarting still shows DNS 0.0.0.0

Have not tried turning off traffic metering since that's been working fine for many months now, on the same firmware (the latest, with the DNS fix)

Help from the community much appreciated.  Thanks in advance

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Router solid magenta LED?

Whats the top ring LED indicate? 

Factory reset the RBR with the RBR disconnected from the ISP modem by pressing the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBR only. The top ring LED should start to blink WHITE and the pulsate WHITE. Can you get to the RBRs web page at 192.168.1.1 with the wired PC and web browser? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7