Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 Slow Speeds and Intermittent Connection

Hirgs
Aspirant

RBR50 Slow Speeds and Intermittent Connection

I have an rbr50 system (1 router, 2 satellites) purchased from Costco one year ago. System was working fine until latest firmware update. I have it in AP mode with Comcast modem. Every 12-24 hours, the speed of the satellites slows to around 40mbs. After resetting the satellites, the speed jumps back up to 250mbs, but drops back down to 40mbs 12-24 hours later. I am now having to reset the satellites every day which should not be the case. Anyone have similar issue?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 9
Dawgs73
Tutor

Same problems here. Can’t find a fix. $500 piece of trash.....
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 2 of 9
Brads515
Guide

Same problem here. All of a sudden connections are weak to all devices and WiFi is cutting out all the time. Please fix!!!!!!
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Try a Factory reset and setup from scratch.

@Hirgs wrote:

I have an rbr50 system (1 router, 2 satellites) purchased from Costco one year ago. System was working fine until latest firmware update. I have it in AP mode with Comcast modem. Every 12-24 hours, the speed of the satellites slows to around 40mbs. After resetting the satellites, the speed jumps back up to 250mbs, but drops back down to 40mbs 12-24 hours later. I am now having to reset the satellites every day which should not be the case. Anyone have similar issue?

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch.

@Brads515 wrote:
Same problem here. All of a sudden connections are weak to all devices and WiFi is cutting out all the time. Please fix!!!!!!

Message 5 of 9
Dawgs73
Tutor

I have an Arris SB8200 modem. My connection randomly stops altogether. Rebooting the Orbi base fixes the problem. Never had to do this until last few weeks. Nothing has changed hardware-wise.
Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

If the FW was updated via auto update, please try a factory reset and set up from scratch. 

@Dawgs73 wrote:
I have an Arris SB8200 modem. My connection randomly stops altogether. Rebooting the Orbi base fixes the problem. Never had to do this until last few weeks. Nothing has changed hardware-wise.

Message 7 of 9
Dawgs73
Tutor

Tried as suggested. Still randomly cuts connection to internet. Reboot router only and works again.
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a Manual FW load:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

@Dawgs73 wrote:
Tried as suggested. Still randomly cuts connection to internet. Reboot router only and works again.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7