Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Solid White RIng

TiaMaster
Aspirant

RBR50 Solid White RIng

I have the Orbi connected as a secondary router, providing my wireless network.  Ever since our power went out during a storm, it has never come online and has a solid white ring on top.

I have reset several times, including holding the paper clip for a full minute.  I am unable to ge to the config page on the router.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Solid White RIng

What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

So when you press the reset button on the back of the router, does the top LED turn on amber then let go? The top LED will start to flash white then plusate slowly. After this, you should be able to log into the router with a wire connected pc.

Message 2 of 4
TiaMaster
Aspirant

Panoramic TG1682.

The top LED does everything its normally does, so yes.  But then it turns solid white. During none of this is the router reachable.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact NG support about this. Maybe a problem with the router that we can't help with here.

Also be ware if your ISP modem:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7