Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Speed and Connection Drop

NetGayerSucks
Aspirant

RBR50 Speed and Connection Drop

Hello,

I am cursing myself everyday I spent $400 on this high end product which is for a lack of a better word completely garbage. It has wasted so much of my time. I was on the phone with cable company for hours multiple times. I even had a cable technician come in to check everything. Cherry on the top is the 3 month tech support. These tech support people also seem clueless in most cases.

The issue: After frist 2 intial months, Orbi starts dropping connection/ speed goes from 300 Mbps+ to about 2-3 Mbps for serveral minutes. Even after a reboot the issue continues to presists for few more minutes. This happens several times a day. It messes with a lot of things including my work. I have tried new cables, resetting the router and sattelite.

TLDR; After spending $400 on high end netgear product that only offers 3 months of tech support and is full dropping connection and speed with no resolve. 

I highly recommend you look elseware! Netgear as a brand will no longer be in my house or business. I suggest you do the same.

Best,
Netgear Sucks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: RBR50 Speed and Connection Drop

Firmware and modem?

Message 2 of 3
NetGayerSucks
Aspirant

Re: RBR50 Speed and Connection Drop