Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Unable to refresh new external IP

Smitty1911
Initiate

RBR50 Unable to refresh new external IP

Several days ago my internet connectivity started to become unstable.  After many reboots and a few resets later, I was rarely staying connected.  I contacted my ISP and everything looked good on their side to my modem.  I decided to remove the Orbi out of the mix and take a router that was in bridge mode and reconfigured it and connected it to the modem.  Within 10 mins there was full internet functionality.  While reviewing the advanded tabs, I noticed that the external IP address drastically changed.  Thinking through things, I figured the IP address change may not have taken hold with the Orbi like my alternate router did.  So I tried to dive back in to the Orbi with many restarts and has now landed me in the forums. 

Here is my problem with having to resolve this: I expect more out of Netgear to have an interface with functionality.  I believe I missed a major rule of testing out the GUI before I bought.  The versatility this platform was trying to provide distracted me away from the core functionality and administration.  This is providing a service that should remain online indefinitely and I have to figure out if I have any days left in my free support.

The question is how do I force (and I don't mean in the pop up window) the external IP address to be wiped completely?  Thanks.

Hardware Version       RBR50
Firmware Version       V2.1.4.10
GUI Language Version       V1.0.0.314
Operation Mode       Router

Cable service with modem: Arris Surfboard SB8200

Addtional information: Another router (time capsule for backups, routing off normally) is working perfectly to provide temporary relief.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Unable to refresh new external IP

If anything, a factory reset should wipe the WAN side DHCP cache out, then if it's connected to the ISP modem, walk thru the set up wizard and after thats complete, you should see what ever new IP address it gets from the ISP modem/service.

I would turn OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds then back ON and let it sync with the ISP service, then do the factory reset on the router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7