Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Upstairs Satellite Loses Internet Connection, LAN okay.

JJackle
Aspirant

RBR50 Upstairs Satellite Loses Internet Connection, LAN okay.

Hello. I've been having this problem over the last few weeks. It sort of just happened out of nowhere and has been happening almost daily.

The Orbi router is downstairs in the home office, one satellite in the living room, and one satellite upstairs. The upstair's satellite somehow drops its upstream completely, seemingly at random or during extremely heavy usage, such as downloading a large file over at 10mb/s. However, daily usage mostly consists of running youtube videos at the lowest quality. There's only one computer hooked to it via ethernet, with various mobile devices and an extender acting as an adapter a room over.

The downstairs satellite has more heavy usage daily, streaming videos at 720p or above across multiple devices and media servers, Netflix or Amazon prime, Roku Player / PS4 etc...

The weird part is that once upstairs satellite halts upstream, I'm still able to access the control panel of the router and even the control panel of the modem. The downstairs satellite is unaffected, but anyone or anything connected to the upstairs satellite, wirelessly or wired, can not access the internet, and only the internet.

Another strange thing is that certain applications are still able to receive data. Discord for example can continue to recieve message, but cannot send message. This can go on for about a minute before discord finally registers the client as being offline.

We're currently on firmware V1.12.0.18, tried toggling beamforming and the likes. Currently, our only solution is the unpower and repower the satellite.

Message 1 of 3
cyberprashant
Luminary

Re: RBR50 Upstairs Satellite Loses Internet Connection, LAN okay.

Prob related to the firmware. See the discussion thread and try downgrading if u are able to (pg 5)
Message 2 of 3
JJackle
Aspirant

Re: RBR50 Upstairs Satellite Loses Internet Connection, LAN okay.

I'll give it a try later tonight.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7