Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 V.2 Doesn't Recognize MicroCell

RBR50 V.2 Doesn't Recognize MicroCell

Hello!

I have an AT&T MicroCell to provide me cellular service using my wireless network. Since I setup my Orbi router and connected my Microcell device to it via Ethernet cable, the MicroCell doesn't work and is not listed in my attached devices when I log into the Orbi router interface.

My Microcell bottom lights light up green, but the top light, which indicates bars and signal strength, blinks red. 

Netgear support won't help me, because it is just past the 90 days when they provide complimentary phone support. 

Has anybody successfully setup a Microcell on an Orbi router? If so, what must be done that I seem to not be doing?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Barbara

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50 V.2 Doesn't Recognize MicroCell

can you provide the model number of the micro cell?

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

p.s. and also the model number of the ISP modem?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Be sure your using a good quality and working ethernet cable between the microcell and RBR.

You might reset the ATT Microcell and let it setup from scratch.

Please let us know the mfr of the ISP modem as well.

My ATT microcell works with Orbi. 

@OcarinaMaker wrote:

Hello!

I have an AT&T MicroCell to provide me cellular service using my wireless network. Since I setup my Orbi router and connected my Microcell device to it via Ethernet cable, the MicroCell doesn't work and is not listed in my attached devices when I log into the Orbi router interface.

My Microcell bottom lights light up green, but the top light, which indicates bars and signal strength, blinks red. 

Netgear support won't help me, because it is just past the 90 days when they provide complimentary phone support. 

Has anybody successfully setup a Microcell on an Orbi router? If so, what must be done that I seem to not be doing?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Barbara

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7