Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 V2.7.2.104 Firmware update now is dropping signal randomly

cblaze22
Tutor

RBR50 V2.7.2.104 Firmware update now is dropping signal randomly

I had a working mesh system with my RBR50 and 1 satellite for almost two years.   I just updated to V2.7.2.104 and now drop signals all over the place.  I even reverted back to older firmwares and still same issue.  Did I corrupt my router somehow?  I of course have done many factory resets trying to fix this.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
vajim
Master

Re: RBR50 V2.7.2.104 Firmware update now is dropping signal randomly

@cblaze22 wrote:

I had a working mesh system with my RBR50 and 1 satellite for almost two years.   I just updated to V2.7.2.104 and now drop signals all over the place.  I even reverted back to older firmwares and still same issue.  Did I corrupt my router somehow?  I of course have done many factory resets trying to fix this.

wow...and you reverted back and the problem is still there?

yes there are lots of reported problems with V2.7.2.104 and many have been able to revert back.

you may want to keep trying to roll back/factory reset.....

tip:  no more manual firmware updates....too risky

Message 2 of 5
cblaze22
Tutor

I may of figured out the issue.  I decided with my original setup to split the 2.4 and 5 into their own channels via telnet.  I kept doing this after the firmware update.  

This time I decided to keep it on one band and I havent had any drops yet.  If I see any drops Ill let this thread know but until then it looks like the newer firmware are having issues with split channel names.  

I reverted back to an older firmware, however I didnt know the exact firmware.  I went to 2.5 and was the same issue so I probably had a firmware originally that did not cause issues with the dual channel names.

Message 3 of 5
vajim
Master

Wow

lots of changes and tweaks 

good luck

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Next time try a factory reset after loading FW and setup from scratch. 

Set manual channels to 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4ghz and 36-48 on 5Ghz to avoid neighboring use of channels. 

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Ive had good solid operation with my RBK50 on v104 using no telnet modifications:

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 12.00.36 PM.png

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7