Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 WAN set to 100M after 2.5.1.16

prototype512
Follower

RBR50 WAN set to 100M after 2.5.1.16

I have had an RBR50 with one satellite running successfully using my Gig speed from my ISP (ATT) for almost 3 years now.  I applied new firmware before going on vacation.  I am back from vacation and was noticing slower performance than usual.  When I started looking at my speeds I noticed that I was set to 100M/Full on my WAN port instead of 1000M/Full.  I confirmed that my ATT modem was showing 1000 connections speeds.  I also tried hard coding the port to 1000M/Full on the modem and then the link stayed down on the Orbi until I switched it back to Auto.

As mentioned I have been running about 950+ Down and Up for the last 3 years, now i'm running less than 100 which is unacceptable.  Is there a way to change the speed/duplex of the WAN port? 

I will try swapping out the cable tomorrow, but I've been seen similar issues on multiple FW levels throughout the years so this seems to be a recurring theme.  I've tried disabling Daisy Chaining, I've tried switching to AP mode, and I've tried Factory reset from the GUI.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR50 WAN set to 100M after 2.5.1.16

Sounds like you've tried a few things. 

the changing cables is a good start.

You could also try changing ports on the att modem in case its a port issue. 

You can even try downgrading the firmware if you think thats the only change since you've already tried the reset/AP mode options. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7