Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50: Wired backhaul throughput issue

chrisc-uk
Aspirant

RBR50: Wired backhaul throughput issue

I've moved into a new property and I'm trying to get my system set up the way I want it and was willing to try most things to get it the way I need it but I'm still having odd wired behaviour no matter what I do.

Internet --> Asus AC87U --> Cisco 24 port unmanaged switch --> Orbi's on their own seperate port.

I did try it with the orbi's connected wired back to the router but that didnt seem to work.

Like most in here I'm having issues where they're showing 5G connection rather than wired but pulling the ethernet disconnects the device so it's just a visual error. My more important problem is actual wired throughput.

In my room with my main data storage server I can get a nice steady 950-980mb speed with iperf3. This is my server plugged into the orbi satelite and my laptop plugged in. This is all hard wired back to the cisco switch. Wireless I'm showing ~300.

If I go to another room and hard wire into another orbi satelite (this one shows as wired) I'm getting more like 850mb. A solid 100mb drop.
If I go to another room and hard wire into another orbi satelite (this one shows as 5G but IS wired) I'm getting ~550mb.

Pulling the ethernet feed out from that orbi satelite and hard wiring direct to the laptop and it's straight back up to 950~

What is so wrong with these?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBR50: Wired backhaul throughput issue

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50: Wired backhaul throughput issue

What Firmware is currently loaded?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration.

Is Daisy Chain disabled? It should be if you have the RBS connected via ethernet. 

@chrisc-uk wrote:

I've moved into a new property and I'm trying to get my system set up the way I want it and was willing to try most things to get it the way I need it but I'm still having odd wired behaviour no matter what I do.

Internet --> Asus AC87U --> Cisco 24 port unmanaged switch --> Orbi's on their own seperate port.

I did try it with the orbi's connected wired back to the router but that didnt seem to work.

Like most in here I'm having issues where they're showing 5G connection rather than wired but pulling the ethernet disconnects the device so it's just a visual error. My more important problem is actual wired throughput.

In my room with my main data storage server I can get a nice steady 950-980mb speed with iperf3. This is my server plugged into the orbi satelite and my laptop plugged in. This is all hard wired back to the cisco switch. Wireless I'm showing ~300.

If I go to another room and hard wire into another orbi satelite (this one shows as wired) I'm getting more like 850mb. A solid 100mb drop.
If I go to another room and hard wire into another orbi satelite (this one shows as 5G but IS wired) I'm getting ~550mb.

Pulling the ethernet feed out from that orbi satelite and hard wiring direct to the laptop and it's straight back up to 950~

What is so wrong with these?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7