Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 - Wireless Warning OFF

RCWielewski
Aspirant

RBR50 - Wireless Warning OFF

After upgrading the firmware to version 2.3.1.48 the wifi stopped working. On the administration page of the RBR50, the message "error.png" appears. It is not possible to connect wirelessly to the RBR50 with cable only.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the Orbi using the back button for 15 seconds or the Backup/ERASE feature on the routers web page. Set up from scratch. Walk thru the setup wizard with a PC. 

@RCWielewski wrote:
After upgrading the firmware to version 2.3.1.48 the wifi stopped working. On the administration page of the RBR50, the message "error.png" appears. It is not possible to connect wirelessly to the RBR50 with cable only.

Message 2 of 10
RCWielewski
Aspirant

Thank you very much. I'm at work now and the router is installed at home. Then later I'll try to do what you suggested.

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
RCWielewski
Aspirant

So ... I remembered that I can access a windows machine using the terminal server client and I performed what I suggested ... unsuccessfully ... any other suggestions?

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

So a reset from the routers web page and your getting this error message? 

I would file a support ticket and have NG review this. 

Only other thing I would try would be to try a 30-30-30 reset, manually re-load FW, v48. Factory reset once more after v48 is loaded then see what happens. If your still getting this message then maybe the RBR is bad and needs to be RMAd. 

Message 6 of 10
RCWielewski
Aspirant

I used the erase solution on the backup page. After deleting the configuration when trying to access the default ip (192.168.1.1) the message "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" is displayed. When I got home I noticed that the top light went on white all the time. I verified that the RBR50's DHCP server was still working because I disconnected the network cable from the computer and reconnected and the computer got an IP. Only after I disconnected to connect the RBR50 to the power back button was it possible to access the web page again. The configuration wizard page is displayed. The reconnaissance phase of the satellite did not succeed. I tried twice and then ignored this step. Then I set a password for the adm and the name and password of my wifi network. After a while the page was updated and the configuration finished. Unsuccessfully. The error remains. The next attempt is 30-30-30 reset. Could you give me more details on how to proceed this type of reset for this equipment?

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

• With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on back of unit for 30 seconds
  • Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds
  • Plug the unit back in STILL holding the reset button a final 30 seconds

I would file a support ticket and get the system RMAd. 

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

@RCWielewski wrote:

I used the erase solution on the backup page. After deleting the configuration when trying to access the default ip (192.168.1.1) the message "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" is displayed. When I got home I noticed that the top light went on white all the time. I verified that the RBR50's DHCP server was still working because I disconnected the network cable from the computer and reconnected and the computer got an IP. Only after I disconnected to connect the RBR50 to the power back button was it possible to access the web page again. The configuration wizard page is displayed. The reconnaissance phase of the satellite did not succeed. I tried twice and then ignored this step. Then I set a password for the adm and the name and password of my wifi network. After a while the page was updated and the configuration finished. Unsuccessfully. The error remains. The next attempt is 30-30-30 reset. Could you give me more details on how to proceed this type of reset for this equipment?

Message 8 of 10
RCWielewski
Aspirant

OK. Now it's stopped working completely. I know I ran the risk of this happening by doing the 30-30-30 reset. Now the top white light is blinking and the led remains green, but I can not access it over the IP and it is not broadcasting the wifi network. I have already opened a ticket in Netgear, but it is very difficult to exchange (RMA) because I live in Brazil. I received this RBR50 recently because I was in the USA and I arranged to exchange another one I bought last year (it was still under warranty), which presented a problem, that is, it is already the second one that brings me hassles. I'm pretty much determined to throw them in the trash and buy some other brand equipment.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

I would file a support ticket and get the system RMAd. 

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

@Blanca_O 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7