Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 and RBS50 Satellites: iOS App Not Detecting Router - "Router Not Supported"

lw187
Guide

RBR50 and RBS50 Satellites: iOS App Not Detecting Router - "Router Not Supported"

I have an RBR50 connected to a Fios Router. The FIOS is acting as a switch, basically. The RBR50 is hardwired for backhaul to three RBS50 units.

I have two problems: One, The network is working fine except for on two devices: my Iphone and my imac. Two, the ios Orbi app is saying "Router Not Supported."

Why now? Well, today I upgraded my iphone to ios 13.6. Perhaps that has something to do with it.  But I didnt notice problems right away. My problems began after a power outage. At some point after that outage, I started to have the problem that I was unable to connect to the internet on only two of my devices: my iphone and my imac. When I try within Safari, I get this message "This Connection is not Private." Unable to send email, unable to use any other connected apps. The network is simply not working on my phone. Further, the network is not working when i try to access it from my imac, which as the same icloud/itunes login as my phone. Perhaps related? Not sure. 

I restarted my RBR50 router. After having done so, the app did recognize the router, momentarily. Long enough for me to check that the firmware is current (it is). At this time, the network was working fine on my phone and on my mac. Within about 20 mins, though, the same connectivity issues occurred and the Orbi app was once again not recongizing my routher. 

Any ideas yall?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 18

Accepted Solutions
lw187
Guide

Re: Wired RBS50 Flashing White after Power Loss and Reboot of RBR50

Hi. I had a power loss and rebooted my RBR50. The wired RBS50 units have not all reconnected, for some reason. Two have, one is stuck flashing white. 

All three hard wired to RBR50

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18

All Replies
lw187
Guide

Hi. I had a power loss and rebooted my RBR50. The wired RBS50 units have not all reconnected, for some reason. Two have, one is stuck flashing white. 

All three hard wired to RBR50

Message 2 of 18
Mstrbig
Master

What brand is your ISP router? Is your Orbi Router set to Router or AP mode? Have you checked the adapter settings on your IOS devices? Did you forget networks and relogin to WIFI on your IOS devices?

Regarding the Orbi not connecting, I would reset and reconfigure it. 

Message 3 of 18
lw187
Guide

thanks for jumping in... the problem just slowly resolved itself (hours later) with no intervention by me. 

Message 4 of 18
ac964
Aspirant

I’m having similar issues after a brief power outage. Orbi worked normally w/my Arris SB8200 prior to the outage, but even though I am connected to internet (confirmed by my isp & the SB8200), Orbi App is telling me I’m not connected to the internet. Incredibly frustrating. Tried resetting factory defaults setting up the system from scratch...get the same error: not connected to internet. All wired & cords checked & rechecked. Did I mention this is incredibly frustrating?
Message 5 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Try removing the app from your device, re-install, then walk thru a new setup routine on the app. 

Please post about this over in the Orbi app forum as this is a app issue:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

@ac964 wrote:
I’m having similar issues after a brief power outage. Orbi worked normally w/my Arris SB8200 prior to the outage, but even though I am connected to internet (confirmed by my isp & the SB8200), Orbi App is telling me I’m not connected to the internet. Incredibly frustrating. Tried resetting factory defaults setting up the system from scratch...get the same error: not connected to internet. All wired & cords checked & rechecked. Did I mention this is incredibly frustrating?

Message 6 of 18
Mstrbig
Master

@ac964 wrote:

I have the Arris SB8200. Even though it resets from a power failure. You have to press and hold the reset button on the Arris for 30 seconds or longer, in order for it to function correctly after a power outage. I think what happens is, it retains partial scrambled information. The Orbi will then correctly connect to it. 

Message 7 of 18
ac964
Aspirant

Thanks. Did that already...twice 😢
Message 8 of 18
Mstrbig
Master

@ac964 wrote:

So you have no internet or it's saying you have no internet?

Plug a laptop or PC directly into the Arris SB8200 to see if it is functioning correctly. 

Message 9 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Does powering OFF the modem for 1 minute then back on, leaving the RBR online change anything? 

@ac964 wrote:

Message 10 of 18
ac964
Aspirant

It’s saying I have no internet connection, but I do b/c when I connect my laptop directly to the Arris SB I have a connection.
Message 11 of 18
Mstrbig
Master

@ac964 wrote:
It’s saying I have no internet connection, but I do b/c when I connect my laptop directly to the Arris SB I have a connection.

OK good you verified you have a connection wired through the SB8200.

Even though you may have done this, factory reset the Orbi router, reboot the SB8200, connect the Orbi router to the SB8200 and reinstall the Orbi. 

Message 12 of 18
ac964
Aspirant

And I’ve power cycled both the Arris & Orbi in every conceivable sequence at least a half dozen times.
Message 13 of 18
Mstrbig
Master

@ac964 wrote:
And I’ve power cycled both the Arris & Orbi in every conceivable sequence at least a half dozen times.

Have you reset the Arris and Orbi, different than power cycle?

Message 14 of 18
ac964
Aspirant

Yes, I have factory resent both...several times.
Message 15 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Swap LAN cables between the modem and RBR? 

Possible that the RBR is faulty if it's not reporting as having a connection to the modem on the RBRs web page. Smiley Frustrated

Message 16 of 18
ac964
Aspirant

Done that, too. Tried four different Ethernet cords. That’s the only conclusion I’ve come to after the six hours I’ve spent on this pain in the $&@ : my Orbi is dead 😡
Message 17 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Make contact with NG support to see what your options are. 

@ac964 wrote:
Done that, too. Tried four different Ethernet cords. That’s the only conclusion I’ve come to after the six hours I’ve spent on this pain in the $&@ : my Orbi is dead 😡

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7